Saturday 19 January 2013

Hair growth - cayenne pepper


'How do I make my hair grow long in a few weeks/months?'  This has go be a question which most girls have asked at some point in their lives. Some want longer hair for that special event such as prom or a wedding, whilst many others just simply want longer hair. Long hair is strongly associated with being feminine and long flowing locks are often seen as very attractive.

Obviously, no matter how many products and home remedies you try, your not going to go from shoulder length to boob length hair in the space of a few weeks, and if thats what you're looking for then I would strongly suggest hair extensions. I own some myself, I think mine are double wefted 18inch hair extensons (although I am thinking to upgrading to 20"). These are great if you want to instantly change your look for a night out, or to glam it up during the day.

But the question is, is there anything we can do to encourage hair growth? A simple google search comes up with many suggestions, mainly basics for keeping your hair in good condition; not using heat appliances, deep conditioning treatments etc. But there are more obscure techniques some have suggested for encouraging hair growth. One that I have read about is a mix of Cayenne Pepper and vodka, i filled an oasis sized bottle 3 quarters full with vodka and then added a couple of spoonfuls of cayenne pepper, left it to sit for over 2 weeks (shaking it everyday). It is meant to stimulate the blood flow and increase cell division leading to increased hair growth. I used it for the first time on my haid yesterday - massaging it into my scalp for several minutes then leaving it on my hair for 30 minutes before washing it out. I intend to keep doing this every day, or as often as I can, and then see what effect it has on my hair (if any).


This is a photo of my hair today and I will keep this blog updated with my progress, including *hopefully* and increase in length, and any other products I decide to try out on  my hair to keep it in good condition throughout the process. Any hair care suggestions are welcomed :)

1 comment:

  1. Are you going to do an update to show your progress? It would be great to know whether this treatment works.

    ReplyDelete